Saturday, March 22, 2008

random post

Friends always ask me when am i going back home again. My reply is most of the time: i don't know, most probably the coming summer, or who knows i might wana go visit some other place during that particularly precious holidays.
My initial plan for my summer 2008, when the school season started last september, was a visit to China, since the Olympics will also be held there. However, for all the hellish life in this f@#king uni that i've chosen to enter, things have changed. The 'miss-home syndrome' finally attacked me. That's why i'm determined more than ever to go home when i get the chance.
Apart from that, i'm so looking foward to meeting my lovely sis again, after a year and a half. It will be 2 years when summer comes again. To my sis, i hope everything's fine with your new uni life, and be strong.
I just chatted with a friend living in Malaysia, and there is this 'being jealous of me' issue that keeps bugging me once in a while since the last 2 years. 'Wow, you're in France, so much fun, so good, you're so lucky..' kinda thing. The fact that i'm kinda stuck overseas make the fact that being overseas isn't that much fun anymore. Mind that i can't go home whenever i want, weekends are impossible and normal holidays are too short, unlike you guys. I'm sure those friends stuck in overseas will have the same view as mine. It's kinda sad that i've missed my cousin's wedding last december, and also 3 chinese new year occasion. Though i can't deny that what i'm doing now is a once in a life time chance that i will cherish for the rest of my life. My point is there are pros and cons whichever path you take, that something has to be sacrificed whatever choice is made. This is also a post to remind myself... So, be grateful for the choice you had and for what you have chosen.

Till then, signing off with a lazy mind, having an extra day off next monday for easter.

No comments: